Monday, February 4, 2013

Well . . .

I can start out by giving lots of reasons why it has been so long since I posted any updates on our family, the adoption, life in general - but there is really only a simple reason.  I haven't been ready to share our life again.  With Tucker's story, I really felt like God was using Tucker's situation for a very specific purpose.  I knew without a doubt that it was meant to be shared.  So we shared almost every detail, and opened our hearts and family up to be used in any way God would use it.  I have no regrets about sharing our lives during that time and I will always be so thankful that God used my son for kingdom things. 

This blog has been a struggle for me because I haven't felt ready to put our family out there again.  I find that I am fiercely protective of the details about our lives.  However just like everything else, time moves on and God continues work and mold us.  He continues to amaze and bless our family and this time He is working miracles to bring home a precious 18 month old baby boy who is half a world away.  Again, God has chosen to gift Jason and I with the opportunity to be the parents of an amazing little boy.  The road has been long and hard and is not over yet, but we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

A son.  God has given us another son.  As we started this process I just always assumed we would bring home a little girl.  I don't really know why - so when we received a referral for a little boy last September I was a bit shocked.  Of course, just like with a pregnancy - when you find out the sex of the baby the surprise or shock is quickly replaced by wonder and awe that God would choose you.  What a miracle in itself.   I get to be this child's mommy?  What have I ever done to deserve such an honor?

His name is Micah.  Sometimes we refer to him as Micah and sometimes we find ourselves using the nickname that the nannies in his orphanage use.  Sometimes we just refer to him as brother.  As in "When are we going to get my baby brother?"  

We have lots of people ask what they can do to help.  We have the best family and friends in the world.    We now have an answer to the question.  You can pray.  Here's what you can pray specifically.

1.  Pray for Micah.  Pray that he continues to be well cared for and loved while we are waiting to go.  Please pray that he will be safe.  Pray that God will even now be preparing his little heart for the most difficult thing he has ever faced - leaving the only people and place he has ever known.  Please pray that God will prepare his heart to meet the family he doesn't even know he is missing.

2.  Pray for the paperwork.  We still have steps that have to be completed before we can go.  Please pray for each set of hands that touch our paperwork.  Pray that the process will continue to go smoothly and as quickly as possible.  

3.  Pray for Lily.  Pray for her sweet heart.  She is so excited to meet her brother.  Please pray protection for her as we try and prepare her the best we can.  She has been the only one for a long time.  

4.  Pray for Jason and I.  Pray that God will continue to prepare our hearts to serve our children.  Pray that we will be prepared for the grief that Micah will feel.  Pray that we will help him to find the comfort that he needs in the coming months and years.  Pray for us as we reassure Lily that she is still our beloved daughter.   Pray that her little heart can comprehend that there is enough love for all.

5.  Finally, pray that God will continue to provide every resource needed.  He is so faithful.

Thank you.  Thank you for reading and thank you for praying.  
Joshua 1:9

1 comment: